Sunday, March 18, 2018

EMPTIES + MINI REVIEWS (Emma Hardie, Earthwise Beauty, De Mamiel, Merumaya, Just Herbs, Liz Earle, Bravura London)


Hey everyone, I usually don't do an Empties post, because I don't own that many products to get through, well, compared to other skincare bloggers. LOL. Nevertheless, I have amassed a few that have thankfully cleared up precious real estate on my skincare shelf. So, here are my express reviews on these products, which may help you decide if you'd like to get them yourselves. The products which I have previously reviewed in detail on my blog have been linked so.


Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm:
This was my first pot of the highly raved cleansing balm. What can I say, this is a true luxury skincare product, with its sensual scent of rose, jasmine, mandarin, orange peel and more. It feels like silk and looks just as gorgeous. It performs really well in removing makeup but is also wonderful for a second cleanse. I don't use it every day, simply because I want a luxurious product that I can pull out when I'm feeling especially knackered. Needless to say, I already have a backup. 😄


Bravura Hot Cloth Volcanic Mud Cleanser/Masque:
This bottle was never-ending and even now you can see a bit remaining, which try as I may, I can't get it out. I've been using this since two years I think, but now that I'm consciously off chemical exfoliators (this contains glycolic acid), I will not repurchase this, plus there are many other cleansers that I want to try. This is good for a second cleanse and a mask, though.



Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser:
I loved this! Anything that has eucalyptus in it is likely to be a favourite with me. The Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser is good for both first and second cleanse. And while I'm sad that it's over, I will not repurchase because I have found an even better cleansing milk/lotion type cleanser, right here in India. In case you're wondering, it's the Just Herbs India Deep Cleansing Lotion, which I may get a full size of.


Just Herbs Pomegranate Mandarin Pore Refining Tonique:
Speaking of Just Herbs, this toner is my jam! I love it poured on a cotton pad and swiped across the face or even as a refreshing spritz. Definitely a repurchase! Detailed review here.


Merumaya Treatment Toner:
I loved using this toner. It has next-gen ingredients such as brown and micro algae, amino acids, minerals and most of all Ascorbyl Glucoside, a type of Vitamin C released slowly into the skin, which activates only on contact with the skin. Maleka, the brand owner is wonderful to interact with and is a pioneer when it comes to formulating potent products, that not only perform but also give a great user experience. Anyone who has used Merumaya products knows of its signature scent. Ah, I'm gonna miss it! I'm not sure whether I want to repurchase this, because shipping is way too expensive. Plus, I have a couple other treatment products on my radar. If you'd like to read my detailed review on it, go here.


Earthwise Beauty Ruby Facial Oil:
A holy-grail skincare product, this is a glow booster! I like it mixed with Ambrosia Del Cerrado, also from Earthwise Beauty. The mixture gives me a fast-absorbing lightweight moisturiser while working to give my skin a luminous glow. I also like it mixed with Earthwise Beauty Farizad's Veil sunscreen powder, as it provides high antioxidant value, amplifying the sun protection ability. A definite repurchase!


De Mamiel Restorative Cleansing Balm:
I got a generous sample of this from Integrity Botanicals. It's a silky rich cleansing balm, which was unfortunately too rich for me. Glad I tried the sample before spending money on the full size. Two reasons why it didn't work for me: 1) It doesn't emulsify and even though I know non-emulsifying oils and balms have their benefits in retaining moisture in the skin, it's just not my preference. 2) Its scent is a bit strange; initially, I did get a hint of ginger, which I absolutely love but later on, the scent morphed into something else, which I did not enjoy.

So, that's it folks! Hope you find these mini reviews and the detailed ones linked wherever possible, helpful. Have a great weekend! 😃

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting such an great post and sharing an excellent information.
    really you deserve an appreciation and glad that you have shared the useful information with us.


    https://zlshealth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For Sharing Your Content and Designs. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work.
    Natural Essential oils
    Carrier oils

    ReplyDelete