Sunday, July 15, 2018

My thoughts on the Mahalo Blooms face steam


One of the most recommended skincare tips for dealing with oily, clogged skin is to perform regular steam sessions. And while I've been doing this for many years now, I found no real joy in doing this. It always felt a bit mundane and oftentimes I would skip it and jump to the more interesting steps such as masking and serums.

Until I had in my hands the Mahalo Blooms... the glammed-up version of an insipid face steam. Released as part of the 'Winter Grace' holiday collection early this year, this was available for a limited period only, I think in Feb-March. So, when my aunt asked me what I wanted for my birthday around that time, I chose the Mahalo Blooms.

Of course, everything Mahalo makes is lovely but had I wanted to try this steam especially after looking at its ingredient list (given below) but more so because Maryna, the owner of Mahalo Skincare, makes the freshest of skincare combined with exquisite aromatherapy benefits. I knew I was in for a treat!

INGREDIENTS:
hibiscus, holy basil, marigold, jasmine, rose, cornflower, linden, chamomile, cloves, orange peel,
cinnamon, yarrow, chrysanthemum, lavender, geranium, ylang ylang

One look at the ingredients and you know the scent is going to be beautiful. I wasn't disappointed when I first opened the jar and breathed in its aroma; it's such a complex spicy + floral scent. Sometimes, I treat myself by opening the jar and breathing in deep.

Now onto the performance...

The steam claims to to repair, rejuvenate, balance and purify, and is a perfect step to add in any home spa ritual. Since I don't go to salons for facials (haven't gone in years, as I have all the tools and products necessary to do my own facial at home plus I think everyday skincare is a better way to invest in your skin), a steam session at home is such a great step to achieve clear skin.

I truly enjoy the ritual of boiling a pot of water, adding a tablespoon or so of the steam and watching the seeping process. It's so soothing to the senses!

But the cherry on the cake is what it does to the skin. After the steam session, I always perform extractions and my skin looks so much clearer and smooth to the touch. One session per week is enough to give me clear, smooth skin for the next seven-eight days. My current skincare routine, which I have pared down drastically, as part of a personal experiment, is also helping in keeping my skin clog-free. I can honestly say that the combination of a steam + the right kind of skincare routine does wonders.


I'm now looking forward to trying the Earthwise Beauty Selene steam, which is said to be reparative for acne-prone skin, plus you all know how much I love Earthwise Beauty products. I had tried a sample of their Aphrodite steam previously and loved it. It was so hydrating and soothing for stressed-out, knackered skin.

Bottomline: invest in a good facial steam, especially if your skin is prone to clogging. The results are instantaneous and beneficial in the long run. Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment